Alpaca socks that do not tighten
Warm socks for women and men
OUR UNIQUE STRENGTH
We combine many years of Norwegian knowledge and experience in warm clothing with Peruvian expertise in alpaca fiber.
Who are we?
Innovative. High quality. Natural.
We are a family business that was established in Meråker in 2005 with a vision to supply the Nordic market with year-round high-quality alpaca products. The family business has both Norwegian and Peruvian origins, and combines the knowledge, experience and expertise we have about the changing Nordic climate and alpaca fiber.
Our passion for quality and improvement means that we continuously work to improve the quality of each and every product. We achieve this through the development of new production technology and ongoing training for our employees.
We consider our products to be among the best on the market today. Natur Alpakka makes ethical demands on our suppliers, producers and own factory in order to promote good social security and fair trade.
"Natur Alpakka" is the label on the goods we design, develop and produce ourselves in collaboration with our local partners and in our own factory in Perú. Manufacturers and suppliers vary from leading factories to small, dedicated craftsmen. We attach great importance to direct and continuous communication with our production partners, as we believe this is crucial to creating products that are perfectly suited to the Norwegian and Scandinavian markets.
In recent years, we have also taken the step and started producing many of our goods ourselves in our own factory in Per u . This has given us an incredibly rewarding experience. Through this approach, we have full control over every phase of production, from start to finish. This ensures that each and every product is created in line with our values.
- Team Natur Alpakka
Advantages of Alpaca
The properties that make alpaca nature's smartest fiber!
First of all, many say alpaca wool , but it is actually alpaca fiber which is simply the alpaca's hair. Alpaca hair is hollow fibers that are very thin and naturally smooth, which makes it super soft and light. At the same time, it insulates from heat and cold.
Little fun fact: Alpaca fiber and polar bear fur have the same ability to insulate when wet.
- Alpaca is 100% natural fiber.
- Warm - alpaca fiber keeps you warm even if you get wet.
- Water resistant - alpaca fiber keeps you dry.
- Odor resistant - alpaca fiber contains sulfur and is naturally self-cleaning.
- Allergy-friendly - alpaca fiber does not contain lanolin, which binds dust and bacteria. It is therefore perfectly suited for baby clothes and garments for allergy sufferers.
- Luxurious fiber - naturally smooth and soft that both looks and feels amazing.
- Light - alpaca garments are light, solid and strong.
- Due to its insulating properties, alpaca is particularly suitable for those with rheumatic complaints and arthritis, and for those who sit still a lot, get cold easily or are outdoors a lot.
- Our socks: Especially suitable for anyone with reduced blood circulation, muscle and joint problems.
- Environmentally and animal friendly - alpaca fiber is sheared in the same way as sheep. In addition, processing alpaca fiber is non-polluting. There are no harmful oils that need to be removed from the fibers.
Washing and maintenance
How to best take care of your clothes
- Our garments contain sulfur which has self-cleaning properties, so you should always try to air the garment first. Bad smells often disappear quickly when the alpaca garment is allowed to hang freely in the fresh air, so perhaps it is not necessary to wash it after all. A garment that is washed a little less often stays nice for longer.
- Stains can advantageously be treated directly, without washing the entire garment. Gently squeeze with a damp cloth. Do not rub, as the yarn felts easily.
- If the garment needs to be washed, it must be washed using the gentlest method. If your washing machine has a wool cradle, we recommend you use it, if not, hand washing is the best method. Always use a special detergent or normal hair shampoo. Never use fabric softener.
- The garment should be dried flat.